Category Archives: Featured Report
Now that the Wii U is wrapping up, I thought it would be a good time to go back and look at what are the rare, or hard to find games and how much they were selling for on eBay. These prices are based on what the games have sold for, and not necessarily what people are asking. There are always sellers who ask ridiculously high prices on rare or limited items, it’s not necessarily how much it’s actually worth (unless it’s the only one online). Rarity is mainly based on the ability to get a new/sealed copy and their value. All used games are priced on being complete with good/great condition case, manual and disc. This is entirely based on North American releases. If I missed anything or you have any additions, please contact me.
Release Date & MSRP: September 26th, 2014 – $69.99
Why Is It Hard to Find? Its only North American release was exclusive to the Nintendo World Store in New York City. The game is the same as the standard version but it does include a cool scarf
Is It Holding Value? Yes and it will probably remain high. The Japanese Collector’s edition has even more items and can be purchased cheaper. Fan-made scarfs can also be found online, but it is still holding its value strong
Release Date & MSRP: May 29th, 2014 – $69.99
Why Is It Hard to Find? Its only North American release was exclusive to the Nintendo World Store in New York City. This makes this item very limited and rare, all for the blue shell and packaging included
Is It Holding Value? Very much so, and most likely will only go up. There was a similar collector’s edition released overseas that was more widely available, but this still is highly sought after.
Release Date & MSRP: November 24th, 2014 – $99.99
Why Is It Hard to Find? They only made enough of these to fulfill pre-orders, and maybe a handful of extras. It sold out quickly online and was never brought back as a bundle. The controller and adapter were sold separately but were hard to find for months.
Is It Holding Value? It has remained at the $150 – $200 price range since release. The controller and adapter are available separately, so the value really is just the packaging in a bundle.
Release Date & MSRP: September 20th, 2014 – $69.99
Why Is It Hard to Find? This was a limited Collector’s Edition released exclusively at GameStop. The game is the same as the regular edition but the packaging and inclusion of a Ganondorf figure are different.
Is It Holding Value? It shot up to $150 right after selling out at release and has held that value since. The new price for first print Wind Waker HD with a gold cover has gone up slightly.
My collection of games keeps growing and so does my backlog. There are plenty of games I want to 100%, finish the main campaign, or even play at all that I’ve never taken the time to do. I’ve decided this summer I’m going to focus on completing a lot of the games I have on the Wii U and I’m going to set specific goals towards completing them. I guess this is similar to an achievement/trophy system but I’m making these goals primarily progress and collectible-based. As I attempt to complete these games and reach these goals I’ll stream my progress on twitch through my channel twitch.tv/thegamerpad I’ll also keep this post updated here.
Anyone else tired of not finishing their games and building up a backlog? If so and you’re interested in doing the same,please feel free to set your own goals for games you want to play and share your information. I’ll later be adding goals for Virtual Console/Retro games, Wii Games, Playstation 3 games and specific franchises as well. Hope you enjoy!!
Updated 6/27: Completed Goals in Super Mario 3D World
Updated 6/28: Completed Legend Mode in Hyrule Warriors
Updated 7/4: Completed World Crown and Collected all of the Green Stars in Super Mario 3D World
Updated 7/6: Completed all the Challenges and found all the Pixel Toads in Episode 2 of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Completed Operation 002 in The Wonderful 101 and Reached Level 20 in Splatoon
Updated 7/11: Collected all of the All Star Coins in World 1 & 2 of New Super Mario Bros. U
Updated 7/12: Unlocked R.O.B., Completed All of the Solo Events & Completed All of the Co-op Events in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Updated 7/15: Collected all of the Star Coins in World 3 & 4 of New Super Mario Bros. U
Updated 7/17: Achieved Gold on All of 100cc Cups in Mario Kart 8
Updated 7/18: Collected All of the Fruit in the Twilight River and Distant Tundra in Pikmin 3
Updated 7/19: Collected all of the Star Coins in World 5 & 6 of New Super Mario Bros. U
Updated 7/28: Cleared Blue Sky Palace (World 4) in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Updated 7/29: Cleared All of The Levels, Complated All of the Challenges and Collected All of the Gems in Episode 3 of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Updated 8/2: Completed World 3 of Hero Mode in Splatoon
Super Smash Bros for Wii U – I want to 100% this game, and that’s probably unrealistic because I don’t know if I can actually complete all of the challenges (such as beating it on Intensity 7.5 with all characters) but I’ll try to do it all. Smaller goals I’m shooting for now are completing Classic & All-Star with all of the characters, unlocking R.O.B. and completing all of the events.
Unlock R.O.B.– Cleared 7/12
- Complete Classic Mode with all Characters
- Complete All-Star Mode with all Characters
Complete All of the Solo Events– Cleared 7/12 Complete All of the Co-Op Events– Cleared 7/12
- Collect Over 700 Trophies
Super Mario 3D World – I completed the main game’s 8 worlds but I’d still like to complete all of the levels from the secret worlds, also want to 100% all the collectibles. At the time of starting these goals I have 218 Stars and 55 Stamps.
Complete World Star– Cleared 6/27
Complete World Mushroom– Cleared 6/27
Complete World Flower– Cleared 6/28
Complete World Crown– Cleared 7/4 Collect all 380 of the Green Stars– Cleared 7/4
- Collect all 85 of the Stamps (Currently at 80)
Wii U Games in the Nintendo Direct Event
- Star Fox Zero (Holiday 2015) – Starting off the Direct Event Nintendo showed off this year’s big Wii U Holiday Title with new vehicles and motion controls. Confirmed during the Treehouse Event, it is being co-developed with Platinum Games. The Direct also included a Developer’s Story with Miyamoto explaining the creation of the original Star Fox and some of the ideas in Zero. Here is more footage of the game being played at the Nintendo Treehouse
- Super Mario Maker (September 11th 2015) – We finally got a date for Super Mario Maker. Similar to Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker had a Developer’s Story during the Nintendo Direct Event. The highlights of this game at E3 definitely came during the Nintendo World Championship. There was also an announced (previously leaked) Super Mario Bros 30th Anniversary amiibo that is compatible with Super Mario Maker. The game also includes an art book!
- Skylanders Superchargers (September 20th, 2015) – Skylanders and amiibo have crossed over with the Turbo Charged Donkey Kong and the Hammer Slam Bowser Skylander amiibo. They unlock special Donkey Kong and Bowser characters in the upcoming Skylanders Superchargers game.
- Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (2016) – Gameplay trailer was shown and the game looks beautiful in my opinion. It looks like they haven’t given the game an official name for the west as it’s being referred to as “Genei Ibun Roku #FE” on Nintendo’s YouTube channel. 2016 release, but looks like a good title for the Wii U!
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (December 4th, 2015) – More footage of the game we’re all waiting for, and now we at least have a release date of December 4th, 2015. Wish it could’ve been sooner, but at least it’s coming this year!
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival (Holiday 2015) – This was announced alongside a new line of amiibo figures (previously leaked). Some may be disappointed it’s not the full-on traditional Animal Crossing U they had hoped for, but it could end up being a good party game.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World (October 16th, 2015) – More footage of this artistic looking Yoshi game first unveiled in January 2014. EU & Japan will be getting it in the next month, and NA will have to wait until October 16th. At least we got a date for it.
- Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (Holiday 2015) – This was a new announcement and it’s coming out this year!! This is the first new Mario Tennis console game since the GameCube, so this is pretty cool!! No word yet if Camelot is developing it or not, but it looks like a lot of fun!
I previously mentioned there were good value deals to be found with the Wii U, but I think mentioning the other systems distracted readers from my main point, a good value deal.. Here is a good value I found on the Wii U that requires some trickery, but can all be accomplished with 1 trip to Best Buy and 15minutes on Club Nintendo. I’ve figured out on how you can get yourself Mario Kart 8, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U and Wii Party U for roughly $75…plus you’ll get around $20 in eShop credit, and a $5 Best Buy Reward Certificate. There’s also a way to do this that will cause less hassle, but you’ll end up converting more money into Best Buy Store Credit, if that doesn’t bother you…it’s probably the most convenient. The thing is, you have to hurry up now before Best Buy gets swamped with used Mario Kart 8’s and lower’s the trade-in value. You can probably find similar deals though at any place that gives a good trade in of Mario Kart 8. Those who don’t own a Wii U yet, can pick one up refurbished with Nintendo Land for $200. Combined with this deal that’s 6 Games and a Wii U for around $275.